The mosaic panel was created in the 1980s on the territory of the Rustavi Autodrom – a racing track located 20 km from the capital of Georgia and opened in 1978. The first motor races took place already in 1978, when the construction work had not yet been completed. In total, 11 USSR championships were held in Rustavi from 1979 to 1989. In 2011-2012, the race track was completely reconstructed, and on April 29, 2012, the official opening ceremony of the renovated circuit took place.
The mosaic measuring 1250 x 600 cm was located on the front wall of the former hotel, which the autodrome management planned to reconstruct. On the panel, an unknown master depicted various elements related to auto and motorcycle racing, combining them into a lively, colorful composition, the center of which was a young couple (a man and a woman), dressed in stylized costumes of racing drivers of that time. Bright, innovative in form, decorative composition was one of the most interesting and significant mosaics of the Soviet period, preserved on the territory of Georgia.
Based on the results of the inventory conducted by the foundation in 2021, the work was included in the general catalog of Georgian mosaics.
In August 2022, the Ribirabo Foundation received information that the wall on which the mosaic panel was located was almost completely destroyed. With the assistance of the Ministry of Culture of Georgia, the Ribirabo Foundation managed to stop the complete destruction of the mosaic and in October of the same year dismantled the remains of the destroyed mosaic with a total area of 20 sq.m. From the surviving small fragments, experts were able to mount two separate panels depicting karts and racing motorcycles. At the moment, these panels are stored on the territory of the old film studio. The Ministry of Culture will determine the future location of these fragments.